W7 on 2008 R2 Domain slow login by "applying computer settings..." even if pgo emty
hi geeks, we have a 2008 64Bit R2 domain whit winXP SP3 clients... now we will update our hw und os to w7 ent. 64bit. i have set up new gpo for w7 users and w7 client but the login is very slow... if I desable the clients pgo the logon will take abaout 5sec. thats great. but when the client gpo is liked it taktes up to 2,5min. i tried to unlink the clients gpo and the logon performace is then by 5sec. but when this pgo is linked - even when i create e new emty one - the logon performace is down... no problems whit the winXP clients... thanks - dominic
November 18th, 2009 1:19pm

Hi Dominic, Please do provide the uneditted ipconfig /all from the dc and on the client secondly let us know the profiles that these users are using , are they using roaming profiles ?when the system logs on which is a part of domain , group policy settings from the computer configuration and user configuration part of the GPO are appliled . if there are number of GPO's which are gettingn applied you will see the potential delay so for the above reason we configure the appropriate OU , some times we filter / combine the grou policies questions=======a) is this happeningn with certain users ?b) have you configured the dns settings appropriately to point to the correct DNS server ( i guess so , or else you could have repro the same iwth xp clients ) c) what configurations have you enabled with GPO ?we would be requiring to collect the userenv logs for analysis
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2009 1:33pm

thread move to Server 2008 R2 Questions - HERE
November 19th, 2009 4:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics